After 25 years’ experience of working with business owners, directors, managers, consultants and sales professionals. I have learnt that what and how you think directly feeds your actions and behaviour. Mastering your actions to starve your distractions and feed your focus creates the results you want in life and business.
If you are lacking direction, feel lost or stuck, lack confidence and clarity, are easily distracted, indecisive, lack motivation, or lack energy, if this sounds like you then read on….Tao Te Ching is quoted
“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realise that you have enough, you are truly rich.”
Knowing yourself is a journey of self-awareness. The journey takes you into unchartered areas where you ask yourself searching questions. Self-awareness (also referred to as self-knowledge or introspection) is to understand your own needs, desires, failings, habits, and psychology. It is worth the journey as the more you know yourself, the better you are at adapting to life challenges.
9 Reasons Why is Self-Awareness Critical?
- Self-knowledge aligns you to your purpose and path
- On your journey you may question how you currently live and choose your life path.
- You may discover your current path may not be aligned to your core values.
- Self-awareness is being comfortable not know it all and trusting that when new information becomes available you will be able to consider and adapt as necessary.
- Clearly understand your own thoughts and, behaviours helps you understand other peoples.
- Your ability to empathise facilitates better personal and professional relationships.
- You make informed decisions about the things that matter most to you.
- You are able to connect to others in productive and nurturing ways.
- Self-knowledge informs your thinking and influences how well you connect with others.
You demonstrate leadership in all aspects of your life self-awareness is key to good leadership. “Leadership lies at the root of strong character, giving us the ability to lead with a sense of purpose, authenticity, openness, and trust. It explains our successes and our failures. And by giving us a better understanding of who we are, self-awareness lets us better understand what we need most from other people, to complement our own deficiencies in leadership.” States Anthony K. Tjan Harvard Business Review. Tjan offer:
5 Ways to Cultivate Your Self-Awareness
- Write plans and priorities.
- Take psychometric tests.
- Ask trusted friends.
- Get regular feedback at work.
Skyrocket Your Personality to Nurture Self-Awareness
I have talked about the importance of the alignment of what you think, feel, say and do. Mahatma Gandhi said “Your beliefs become your thoughts become your actions, become your habits, become your values, which become your destiny”.
Self-awareness is one of the features of Emotional Intelligence and a critical factor in success achievement.
In my years of study and working with clients I have developed methods that accelerate your self-awareness. I have incorporated these techniques into the Skyrocket Your Personality online masterclass programme, why not try the FREE introductory course Create Opportunities with Your Personality.
When you become more self-aware you gain clarity of who you are and what you want then self-awareness becomes the first step in mastering your life.