So often we fail to achieve our goals or fail to follow through with our task because we do or have sufficient guidance or motivation. Challenges set a goal and encourage you to plan a stepped process to achieve your goal. A challenge has a deadline and may be executed with other participants of the challenge.
Why are challenges good for you?
Challenges enable you to do things that may be uncomfortable, challenging or difficult; this may be learning new skills, adopting new habits and experiencing new things. Challenges do not need to be a significant life changing goals; it can be relatively small tasks, and the important thing is that there is a higher success rate when goals are set as a challenge.
Today is the last day of my 30 Day Blogging Challenge and here is what I learnt:
- There are many more blogging techniques, and so this expanded my knowledge.
- I have written and posted a blog within one hour; it usually takes me much longer and so now I know it is possible.
- I worried about typo and grammar mistakes and find it difficult to see my silly mistakes, now I have an excellent tool to prevent these errors.
- Copy-right free pictures are always a problem, now I have tools and techniques to overcome this problem.
- There are many more options than the usually social media platforms to promoting your blog.
- This is great for SEO, the visits and to my new website has been impressive.
- I have connected with other international bloggers who are also on the challenge.
- I have read wider and learnt more reading the blogs of others on the challenge.
- I have done it and will do it again.
My 30-day challenge was not plain sailing; challenges never are, I missed a day that turned into a week, and I tried to catch-up and then just extended my period. It is difficult to learn something new and practice the skill on top of an ad normal working day, every day. You may not execute every new daily task, but the important thing is that you know it is available and can revisit the task at a later date.
If you like this blog you may also like this https://theproblem-solver.com/assets/challenges-good/
During my 30-day challenge, I have posted on Huffington Post and will be guest blogging for Birds on the Blog every Wednesday for the next three months. Although I have been blogging weekly for over two years, I am more confident about my writing. Blogging for business is an important skill so thank you Sarah for the challenge. If you have not done it why not join the 30 Day Blogging Challenge.