If you have ever asked the questions “Can I keep up with the pace of change?” or “What is the purpose of my business?” Business Evolution is packed with powerful tools and real-life examples to help you find the answers and steer your own path.
To thrive, in business you must align the three cornerstones of your company: You, Your Customers and Your Business:
- You and your people (Personality and Purpose)
- Your Customers, buyers and investors (Pleasure)
- Your Business processes and resources (Process)
I wrote Business Evolution: Creating Growth in a Rapidly Changing World, endorsed by Lara Morgan, founder of Pacific Direct and Company Shortcut, to elaborate on the modern principles of the ‘Essential 4Ps’. The ‘Essential 4Ps’ are your guiding business development principles to gaining business alignment.
- Personality is the underlying currency in a global economy to help customers identify and engage with you and your business. Personal Business Personality determines your core values that become your authentic promise to your customers.
- Purpose enables you to clarify what you do that no one else does in the way you do it, for your customers. This is your WHY, your reason for being and doing. It is your existential purpose and answers the question “what business are you in?”
- Pleasure prepares you to understand and to serve your customers desires, wants and needs. The aim of Pleasure is to involve your customers and employees to align the strategic goals with their specific needs and expectations.
- Process positions your customers centrally, so they get what they want, when they want it and how they want it. Business processes must align with your company purpose and your strategic goals; it must be made ready to deliver the mission, values and behaviours you have defined in the Essential 4Ps.
Why the Essential 4Ps?
Your company competes in a crowded global market and as the representative; you are the first presentation of your business that customers, suppliers and stakeholder meet, judge and buy. You can influence the first impression being the best you can be and magnetising your personality.
Tom Peters said in Fast Company magazine, “All of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called you.”
Your Personal Business Personality is the representation of the thoughts, values, experiences and character of the leader or business entrepreneur; of YOU. Customers will be able to identify and engage with you and what you represent and present for your business.
In a socially connected global economy, if you are not engaged with your customer and your business is not aligned with your purpose. You will not keep pace with your customer’s wants and needs, and your business will not thrive.
The ‘Essential 4Ps’ will reduce complexity and improve transparency. It will give you the confidence in presenting your declared purpose making you accountability to your purpose, your customers and your business. The ‘Essential 4Ps’ gives you the freedom to operate within a framework of your authentic business purpose and achieve higher goals for your customers.
You can read more from the 5 star Amazon reviews of Business Evolution and gain further insight working through the practical ‘Essential 4Ps’ exercises in the book.
If you like this blog you may also like this http://theproblem-solver.com/assets/why-you-must-to-read-business-evolution/